By Kunle Bakare
This laudable gesture is the Mother of all charities
Everyone who made the Ayedaade Grammar School Ikire 2021 Founders’ day an astounding success, or have given it a huge charitable hope, deserves iconic recognition here, for a fantastic job well done.
1. GOVERNOR GBOYEGA OYETOLA: Your Excellency, you deserve much global reckoning, and therefore be honoured as the Father of Charity for that giant fatherly step to employ more quality teachers- labourers who would go on to feed and tender the humanity nursery.
This laudable gesture is the Mother of all charities. And who could possibly be the children? The future leaders nurtured in the Ayedaade home.
Your children, too, will grow under God’s watchful eyes. And as you strive to meet the workers’ rightful needs, and keep the whole Omoluabi faces charming, you shall not lack divine radiance.
2. OBA KAYODE AFOLABI ADENEKAN: Your Highness, as the Guest of Honour on the grand finale, an AGOSA member yourself, and the head of a dynasty, you carried alongside contagious extra-excitement. You easily fit the profile of a big role model to the Ayedaade student subjects.
In fact, your popular, humourous, and nostalgic closing of ranks among your Ayedaade teenage peers was reminiscent of Nollywood scenes.
The God Almighty will forbid war from your throne, and keep on you always the garment of honour.
3. HON. OLAYINKA F. OLADOYIN: As the Honorable Commissioner for Education, you are evidently a bastion of sound training yourself. You have not only done the Omoluabi State a great service by identifying with AGOSA humanitarian developmental projects.
Also, you did not dismiss the whole efforts with the wave of the hand, and have, through your various commendable initiatives aimed at establishing the Osun education sector on a qualitative foothold, have displayed exemplary stewardship.
Your representatives on the day, A A. Osunnusi (MOE) and Pastor Onatola (OSWEDO), brilliantly modelled you.
The most high God will not leave your personal endeavours unattended to as you passionately keep the Osun education flag flying.
4. ALHAJI BOLA OYEBAMIJI: The Honourable Commissioner of Finance, your presence gave many accents to the state government’s resolve to revitalise the education system.
It was heartwarming, however, to see your better half clutched under your arm. That action showed the needful pre-requisite closeness and unity to raising a promising future generation.
Touching, as well, was the emotional expression of your indebtedness to the school custodians- the former school principals, legendary Alhaji Remi Babayode and the incurably education-passionate Tunji Odetayo; and the current principals, wisdom-enriched Tunde Ibitowa, and reasonably ambitious Olanrewaju Dairo.
God himself will shoulder all your struggles, and establish an unimpregnable bond in your home.
5. LAWAL AZEEZ OLAYEMI: The Honourable Commissioner for Youth, Sports, and Special Needs, as an integral part of the Executive Council gamut present on the Grand finale, your helpful reformative summation and youthful physical framework acceptably symbolise a not-too-distant hope to the students.
Your lustre service to the State as a front and first figure in youth and sports matters underscores the saying, “all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.”.
As you consider making a bold and lasting footprint in the sporting annals of Ayedaade, and by extension, the Omoluabi State at large, God will continually renew your youth, and you will not grow feeble.
*Kunle Bakare writes as a biology teacher and CEO Charity Cries Group (CCG)